Here are just a few of their projects:
7th graders - Research on a problem in an African county and at least three causes of the "problem"
- They have learned about infant mortality and what that means in so many African countries
- They have learned about HIV Aids and the serious consequences of the causes of that disease (poverty, war migration, etc.)
- They have learned about illiteracy in other countries and compared it to Alabama's literacy rate
- They have learned about poverty and its causes
- These students have learned what goodness can come out of tragedy, such as The Josh Project that sprang out of a woman's grief for her son who drowned - www.cnn.com
- They have learned that one person can make a huge difference in the life of a community
- If they had started this Monday, they would surely be reading about all of the heroes in Boston...